With a new year just a few days away, it is a time to reflect and start fresh. Take some time as a family to share your favorite memories from the past year and what you are looking forward to in 2019. Kids of all ages can be involved in this activity and it will be fun to hear what they share as their highlights.
As you make New Year’s resolutions, get your kids in on the tradition this year. Here are some suggestions for kid-friendly resolutions.
- Try a new food every week.
- Help set the table for dinner.
- Pick up toys at the end of the day.
- Be more active. Have a dance party, play tag or join a sport.
- Read for 30 minutes before bed instead of watching TV.
- Play with a new friend during recess.
- Be a good listener.
You can also make family resolutions. Ideas include having a weekly board game or movie night, helping others through a volunteer activity, cooking dinner as a family one night a week or enjoying outdoor adventures together.
Whatever your resolutions are, have fun! Children love the feeling of accomplishments so be sure to offer praise and acknowledge successes along the way.